#BelfastXmasMarket

Christmas for me was spent on the beach with temperatures up to 40 degrees in South Africa. I remember my first Christmas in Belfast, me standing in my dressing gown in the snow like a little child.  I had seen snow on the Drakensburg Mountains back home but this was the first time I was making and throwing snowballs. It was truly magical.
Every year I say to myself ' the market is going to be more or less the same as previous year's, so no need to go'. Well, I can't seem to drag myself away, every time. I can't tell you exactly what it is whether it's the power of the churros, an excuse to catch up with friends or the amazing smell or food wafting around Belfast city hall or just that the market has something that puts me into the spirit of Christmas.
I have to confess I am drawn to the Belfast Xmas Market every year and no doubt it won't be my last visit. Located in the grounds of Belfast City Hall.  I was lucky to get a little sunshine on Friday just before the rain arrived.
There is definitely more food stalls this year, the venison burger stand is still in the same spot as previous. I spotted a new Slovakian food stand just as you enter through through the main gates, I will have to give this a go the next time. 
If you haven't gone, it's worth a trip if for nothing else a mulled wine or hot chocolate! The kids will love posting their letters in Santa's post box. Lots to do for everyone!
Happy Christmas and be safe x

The market is here until the 20 December
Mon - Wed 10am - 7pm
Thursday - Sat 10am - 10pm
Sun 1pm - 6pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Benefit' of a mascara

#August Rules